cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Any way to view code for OOTB widgets?

kbrandt
1-Newbie

Any way to view code for OOTB widgets?

Hi guys

Is there any way to view the code used by the built-in or out-of-the-box ThingWorx widgets?

I'm building a custom time series chart extension and need to include a loading or busy indicator for a data load in progress, to show that there's something happening.

The only widget I'm aware of that uses such an indicator is the built-in OOTB Time Series Chart widget that comes with ThingWorx. I don't know of any custom extensions using a busy indicator and as such, I have no idea how to do it.

Could anyone provide me with a way to view the code or to implement a busy indicator?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:kbrandt)

You can modify any of the existing widgets located in the following path

<tomcat install location> \webapps\Thingworx\Common\thingworx\widgets

We do recommend to back up the original widget if you choose to modify.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:kbrandt)

You can modify any of the existing widgets located in the following path

<tomcat install location> \webapps\Thingworx\Common\thingworx\widgets

We do recommend to back up the original widget if you choose to modify.

Hi Polina / Konrad,

I think that instead of modifying OOTB widgets directly on the original code, it's better to just create a new widget based on the original OOTB widgets, they can coexist perfectly we had done it succesfully for the last 2 Years and on that way you can always compare OOTB with the Custom One on TW platform updates.

Just my two cents,

Carles.

Top Tags