cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to change the local storage location of Project files?

AllanThompson
16-Pearl

How to change the local storage location of Project files?

Hi All,

Is it possible to change the default location of the Project files that are stored on your local PC?

I can see from the Studio log file that it the initializer sets up a home and ThingWorxStudio dir:

[12/19/2017 13:44:36] info: [twx-studio:initializer] ThingWorxStudio dir:  C:\Users\allan.thompson\Documents\ThingWorxStudio , home dir: C:\Users\allan.thompson\Documents

So is there an environment variable that controls the ThingWorxStudio dir option?  Or is it hardcoded?

Many thanks,

Allan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:AllanThompson)

the environment variable that controls the dir is your $userhome variable - if you change that env variable you would move your user directory in windows.

So, by using the launcher you can't change the project dir.

There is a way to launch studio in a different way - but it will be unsupported usage and as this I can't put that on the community.

Martin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mwassmann
5-Regular Member
(To:AllanThompson)

the environment variable that controls the dir is your $userhome variable - if you change that env variable you would move your user directory in windows.

So, by using the launcher you can't change the project dir.

There is a way to launch studio in a different way - but it will be unsupported usage and as this I can't put that on the community.

Martin

Thanks Martin.

Top Tags