cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to get the licence.bin file for Thingworx 8.1

tgarg1
1-Newbie

How to get the licence.bin file for Thingworx 8.1

Hello All

I am new to Thingworx . I have to setup Thingworx 8.1 war on tomcat locally. But I am getting the following error;

[L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingStateMachine] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Unable to retrieve license from FNO server because fnoauth.ptc.com

[L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFetcher] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Unable to process capability response because Response does not match system hostid.

[L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Unable to read trial license file because null Attempting to load as Paid license

[L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] ====================================================================

[L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] License file missing. It's expected at path : D:\ThingworxPlatform\license.bin

[L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] ====================================================================

[L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Shutting down the Platform.

Please help me solve this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:tgarg1)

Hi Tarun, is it a paid instance or are you working with the trial instance?

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Tarun Garg​: You can review the details by checking out our knowledge base article for 8.1 Licensing.

-Durgesh

tgarg1
1-Newbie

Thank you all . This issue is resolved . I have successfully managed to run the Thingworx 8.1 war locally.

Top Tags