cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Part decal disappears after check-in

PThapar
5-Regular Member

Part decal disappears after check-in

Hi,

I am using Creo 8 with PDM (windchill 12) 

I am putting a decal on a part that exists in my PDM. I revised the part (rev 04) and went to view -> appearances -> edit appearance -> decal, and selected an image file from my drive.

When I look at the model and the drawing, the decal appears just fine. So I go to check in my model. 

After check in and publish, I remove the part from my workspace and add it again from the commonspace. 

Now when I open the part and the drawing, the decal is gone. Instead I see a grey color appearance where my decal was. 

Any inputs on what is happening and how I can fix this? I need the decal to show up on my published PDF. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:PThapar)

I think you need the config option

save_texture_with_model yes

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I think you need the config option

save_texture_with_model yes

PThapar
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Hey Stephen,

I have this config option set to yes already ! Any other suggestions? 

I even tried using my image as a "texture" instead of a "decal" and I am having the same issue. 

Do I need to save my image somewhere in the PDM? 

PThapar
5-Regular Member

Just tried this solution again, but this time I force changed save_texture_with_model to no, and then back to yes. It worked this time, amazing. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

That's interesting. I was looking for a better answer but I was pretty sure that one was the right one.

Do you have multiple config.pro files? Maybe you have one overwritting the session?

You can look at the SHOW drop down list to see all your configs that loaded. You can also look at the one called "current session" and see what is actually applied, this is helpful to see if a specific option is overwritten.

StephenW_0-1713876726511.png

PThapar
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

I just checked the "current session" as you recommended above (this was new for me!), and the save_texture_with_model option is set to the default value of "yes". I'm really not sure why I had to turn it to no and then yes. It looks like there are multiple config files on my computer, but there is just a default file and then a local file that I update my config options to. Maybe I had to add the option to my local config file?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

The config.pro files load in a specific order. 

The one in the text folder is first, then the one in "start in" folder (initial working directory, this will be different folder on yours), so if you have the same setting in both, the one that loads last wins.

Any option in the config.sup will "lock" that setting and no other config.pro can change those.

So adding that option to your local config in your start in folder is the likely your correct path. 

Top Tags