cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Sheet metal Forming

AC_10274110
3-Visitor

Sheet metal Forming

Hi, 

Creo-8

I would like to get sheet metal part with different thickness after forming ( coining ) operation 

like the attached image below. Any idea 

AC_10274110_0-1711646564403.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As Ben mentioned, sheet metal, while you can do punch and die operations, it will NOT (to my knowledge, at least with Creo 😎 thin the material out.  You COULD do all the work in sheet metal, and then MANUALLY do a cut to thin the material out.  OR try and do it as a regular solid model and make a shell feature with different thicknesses and it MIGHT work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:AC_10274110)

Creo Sheet Metal is for press brake operations of uniform material thickness. Die forming is a different operation and cannot be done in the sheet metal module.

Model your section profile and revolve it will be the best method for creating the solid model boss/dimple to your required thicknesses.

You could model the cross-section into a press brake operation to get an approximate 'flat pattern' length, but die forming does not deform the material the same way a press brake operation does.

As Ben mentioned, sheet metal, while you can do punch and die operations, it will NOT (to my knowledge, at least with Creo 😎 thin the material out.  You COULD do all the work in sheet metal, and then MANUALLY do a cut to thin the material out.  OR try and do it as a regular solid model and make a shell feature with different thicknesses and it MIGHT work.

Top Tags