cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Display an image at the bottom of a page

JSkog
5-Regular Member

Display an image at the bottom of a page

Hello,

I am trying to display an image at the bottom of a specific page. Initially, I was trying to accomplish this using a page region, but cannot seem to do so without entering an absolute path (c:\Users\<username>\OneDrive...):

JSkog_0-1702313084403.png

or within the custom/graphics folder referenced as the pathname attribute of the _gentextgraphic element.

The graphics folder I want to use is located at the root level relative to where my topics and maps reside (as referenced directly from topics as "href=images/graphic.png")

This graphic only needs to display in the LOEP topic. When I add the image element into the LOEP topic, it's understandably at the break near the top of the page, which is why I assumed it needed to be in a page region defined at the bottom.

Please let me know if I need to clarify with additional details. Thanks for any help,

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JSkog
5-Regular Member
(To:JSkog)

This matter was resolved by copying some existing methods (where the image on the Cover topic was being referenced to the LOEP topic) and modifying as summarized below:

• creating a new outputclass (LOEPSignature) in the image element and setting Hidden to "yes" in the Text category,
  • copying the SignatureBlock _ufe and naming it "LOEPSignatureBlock" using the new image outputclass (LOEPSignature), and 
  • adding the image to the Cover topic.

This was accomplished through the intervention of a consultant. Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Please specify which software version you are using.

JSkog
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Hi Vladimir,

I'm currently on Arbortext w/ Styler Release 8.1.1.0. I am scheduled for an update today to 8.1.3.1.

Regards,

Jeff

JSkog
5-Regular Member

This matter was resolved by copying some existing methods (where the image on the Cover topic was being referenced to the LOEP topic) and modifying as summarized below:

• creating a new outputclass (LOEPSignature) in the image element and setting Hidden to "yes" in the Text category,
  • copying the SignatureBlock _ufe and naming it "LOEPSignatureBlock" using the new image outputclass (LOEPSignature), and 
  • adding the image to the Cover topic.

This was accomplished through the intervention of a consultant. Thanks.

Top Tags