cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Simulation data start at a specific time

KH_11020327
3-Visitor

Simulation data start at a specific time

Hi there,

I am trying to set up some simulation tags to do some testing on software we are writing. I have a series of INT values that I need to write, (one every minute) but I need the simulation to start at midnight... so that is when I want the first value in the chain to be written.

I have set up a USER (6000,......) tag, but the value starts when I created the tag, and I can't find any way to start it at a specific time. Is that possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@KH_11020327 

The simulated data function included with each driver does not allow for a timed start. The simulated data function is a manual process that requires going into the device properties and toggling the enable data collection option. Your inquiry mentions controlling Wites and have them occur at a certain time.  This functionality should be done within the Client Application.  Kepware does have the ability to control when poll requests are made to devices with the use of "Scheduler Plug-in.  The scheduler can be used to control when a device is polled but cannot perform writes like a client application. Here is a link to scheduler manual:

Scheduler Plug-In Help (ptc.com)

Thanks,

*Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@KH_11020327 

The simulated data function included with each driver does not allow for a timed start. The simulated data function is a manual process that requires going into the device properties and toggling the enable data collection option. Your inquiry mentions controlling Wites and have them occur at a certain time.  This functionality should be done within the Client Application.  Kepware does have the ability to control when poll requests are made to devices with the use of "Scheduler Plug-in.  The scheduler can be used to control when a device is polled but cannot perform writes like a client application. Here is a link to scheduler manual:

Scheduler Plug-In Help (ptc.com)

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags