cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Error : Extension jar(s) were not found in lib/common directory of the extension

VG_8323155
3-Visitor

Error : Extension jar(s) were not found in lib/common directory of the extension

We are unable to access Thingworx composer after windows server updates and getting error "Extension jar(s) were not found in lib/common directory of the extension" in application log. The service stop automatically whenever we try to start it.

The application was running fine and we didn't performed any major changes except windows updates.

Can you please help us to find/resolve this issue? Why it occurs and how to resolve this?

ThingWorx Version : 9.3.5 (Postgres)

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @VG_8323155 

Kindly look at the below article, and let me know your feedback.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS295054

Thanks,

Surya

Thanks for the reply, but above solution doesn't work. I am really not sure this as it was logged as Warning message. For better understanding, I have attached the standard error log file of tomcat. Requesting you to please check and let us know your valuable inputs.

Jan 17, 2024 4:45:22 AM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
INFO: No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath
Jan 17, 2024 4:45:29 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class [com.thingworx.system.ThingWorxBootstrapper]

Attaching the log file for reference.

Hi @VG_8323155 

Thanks for sharing logs, kindly check the below location and let me know theworx-platform-common-9.3.5-b1258.jar jar file is found in your instance.

file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/ThingWorxFoundation/tomcat/current/webapps/Thingworx/WEB-INF/lib/thingworx-platform-common-9.3.5-b1258.jar) 

After that kindly follow the steps of the below article.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs238915

Hi @VG_8323155 

Kindly let us know issue persists or it is resolved.

Thanks,

Surya

Hi @VG_8323155 

Kindly mark it as a solution or let us know if your issue persists.

Thanks,

Surya

Top Tags