cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to add multiple widgets in Responsive Mashup?

pobi
6-Contributor

How to add multiple widgets in Responsive Mashup?

Hi, I'm completely new to ThingWorx, seeking advise from PTC Community. 

On a Responsive Mashup, is it possible to add two widgets? i.e. List and Map. 

As soon as I add either one, it fills the whole space (container) and I'm unable to add the second widget. I've tried the following, but it'll return me an error message - "There is already a responsive widget in this container... you can only have one widget in a responsive container". 

1. Add first widet
  2. Select and Cut above
  3. Add second widet
  4. Select current mashup on Mashups list (to deselect second widget)
  5. Paste

Is there a way to have multiple widgets in responsive mashup? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nbansal
12-Amethyst
(To:pobi)

Hi,

Please follow below mentioned steps:

1. Create a mashup with layout options selected as 'Responsive'.

2. Open 'Design' tab of mashup, select 'Layout' widget, drag and drop it to the mashup while selecting required design of layout i.e. required number of rows/columns. In your case you can select 2 columns in 'Horizontal' layout category. 

3. Now you will see 2 responsive columns in the mashup and you can add 1 widget in each column. (You can further add 'Layout' widget to each column also to modify the structure of mashup further if needed.)

Hope this helps! 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nbansal
12-Amethyst
(To:pobi)

Hi,

Please follow below mentioned steps:

1. Create a mashup with layout options selected as 'Responsive'.

2. Open 'Design' tab of mashup, select 'Layout' widget, drag and drop it to the mashup while selecting required design of layout i.e. required number of rows/columns. In your case you can select 2 columns in 'Horizontal' layout category. 

3. Now you will see 2 responsive columns in the mashup and you can add 1 widget in each column. (You can further add 'Layout' widget to each column also to modify the structure of mashup further if needed.)

Hope this helps! 

Thanks.

pobi
6-Contributor
(To:nbansal)

Here is a tutorial on controlling the placement of widgets on responsive mashups:

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/layout-widget-guide

pobi
6-Contributor
(To:Rick-Stanley)

Thank you alsmith!

Top Tags