cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to stop the labview process from thingworx mashup,?

NH_shree
12-Amethyst

How to stop the labview process from thingworx mashup,?

Hello ,

we have integrated the data from labview to thingworx , now we are able to post the data to thingworx properties, so now we are getting real time data in the thingworx mashup which we can say that we are successfully monitoring the data of the machine and displaying it on the mashup (This is now only one directional )

How can we control the labview process from thingworx mashup with emergency button , for example  say if we click on the stop button it should stop the whole process in the labview , if we click on the start button it should start the process in the lab view (This use case is only for emergencies to control the process of the machine from thingworx).

If anyone has the idea on this please help me to solve this.

Regards,

Shree

3 REPLIES 3

Can you expose HTTP endpoints in LabeVIew ? If you can, you can invoke them from ThingWorx, and you can write your logic in LabVIew, when the endpoint gets invoked.

Other ways could be using MQTT or WebSocket.

You can also use, HTTP polling, which is like in LabVIew you continueously invoke a service in THingWorx adn that would respond with theteher the button is pressed or not.

Hope this would help.

Hi @Bikash_Panda 

To post the data from labview to thingworx i have used RestApi POST method where for example 

http://localhost:8080/Thingworx/Things/isf/Services/test?method=POST  , are you talking about this as a HTTP endpoints in labview? i am not sure of working in labview because i have not used it before .

Can you please brief it with example !

Regards,

Shree

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:NH_shree)

Hi @NH_shree.

How are you invoking the post request?  Can you just stop the process?

I think we need more details regarding the process to fully understand the request.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags