cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

InactivationCheck in GetRunTimePermissionsAsJSON or GetRunTimePermissions

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

InactivationCheck in GetRunTimePermissionsAsJSON or GetRunTimePermissions

Hi,

I am trying to get the Permission of a Thing in JS Code, when you services like GetRunTimePermissionsAsJSON  or GetRunTimePermissions I get the InactivationCheck in the output of the Service.

pshashipreetham_0-1710937117214.png

If I Run the Service from the Thing, by opening and executing it, I can see the data properly. 

pshashipreetham_1-1710937208956.png

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I made a workaround as of now.

1. Created a service in each thing, which sets GetRunTimePermissionsAsJSON or GetRunTimePermissions data to a dummy property.
  2. Later, I created a Helper Thing, where I made a service that calls/Fetchs all the property data from the Things we set in Step1.

This modified workaround gives me all the Things permissions data.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

And you made sure there is no group (accidentally) called "InactivationCheck"?

Please also always include which TWX version you are running. (It did work for me on a 9.3.10)

Hi @Rocko ,

Thanks for quick response, and apologies I missed Thingworx version, as of now Thingworx Version is 9.2.6.

and yes, there is no user group with "InactivationCheck".

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

I don't have a 9.2 around to test, but I've never seen this before. You could try running this with a different user. If it persists, create a ticket with support.

Hello,

I made a workaround as of now.

1. Created a service in each thing, which sets GetRunTimePermissionsAsJSON or GetRunTimePermissions data to a dummy property.
  2. Later, I created a Helper Thing, where I made a service that calls/Fetchs all the property data from the Things we set in Step1.

This modified workaround gives me all the Things permissions data.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

Thank you for sharing your solution with me. You've made a difficult task seem easy

Top Tags