cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Thingworx Bootstrap Error : Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite

Thingworx Bootstrap Error : Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database

Hi Community,

Recently my MS Sql server was poping message that it's login password expired and I need to update it. When I updated my password, Thingworx is not starting and giving following error :

Error : [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxBootstrapper] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [P: ] [T: main] *** CRITICAL ERROR ON STARTUP: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

Can anyone suggest how I can troubleshoot this error and avoid such errors in future. Thanks in advance.

Attaching Application log for reference. 

Regards,

Sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs.

Basically, when you change the password for the ThingWorx user in SQL Server, you need to update the \ThingworxPlatform\platform-settings.json file with the new password.  If it was encrypted just replace with the new password in clear text, then refer to this page of the Help Center for re-encrypting it.

The links to the articles provided by Vladimir contain more details.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Articles:

Hi @Siddharth_Jhs.

Basically, when you change the password for the ThingWorx user in SQL Server, you need to update the \ThingworxPlatform\platform-settings.json file with the new password.  If it was encrypted just replace with the new password in clear text, then refer to this page of the Help Center for re-encrypting it.

The links to the articles provided by Vladimir contain more details.

Regards.

--Sharon

Siddharth_Jhs
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Thanks @slangley this is the information I was looking for. Alternatevily, I tried resetting my server login password to the original one which was stored as encrypted text in platform-settings.json file worked for me.

Top Tags