cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Automated Conversion of PKG Files to PVZ

AlexK
14-Alexandrite

Automated Conversion of PKG Files to PVZ

Dear community

We are working with Creo Elements/Direct Modeling and would like to set up an automated process to convert the .PKG files to .PVZ files, to use in Vuforia Studio.

Does anyone have an example how this could be automated?

Thanks for your help!

Best wishes

Alex

1 REPLY 1

Hi @AlexK ,

I see that that quesiton has no replay since some time so I checked it. So far I know (have no much  knowledge) that this is a PTC format which is the old Native CoCreate Format of Modeller/not sure how the name ( corresponds to functionaliy Creo Direkt) I know that this format is still used and supported by PTC and other PTC partner so that when somebody who have knowledge in this area should check this and help how this look like with the envirment of this tool.

Because I have Creo Paramteric I check this from this side..

I see that in creo Parametric I could open the format *pkg:

2024-03-28_10-17-52.jpg

therefore the idea to open this format - I hope this will open it competelly and then save as pvz /format export to ProductView /Creo View

Ok this done via the UI which is not working good on server side.

What to do is try to automate this :

- mapkey - which is generated and copied so that - e.g. a trail file automatic creation which open a all files in sequencially way and then will save the opened files to pvz. So the trail file could be called also in no_graphic mode (creo args : g:no_graphics -i:rpc_input). I remember this I did for long , long time this in the in the past for other formats - so used vba (before the time of javascript in node.js) and used a template trail file which will open a file and export it . Then you need to  change only the part of the file name and folder. The section could be add mutiply times to the trail which could be executed.

- of course you can create some toolkit program which could do this in  more appropriate way  . You could confiigre the app to look in folder and the e.g. ProMdlRetrieve to open the file , no idea if this will work for this format type (i have no example of pkg) etc... so this need to be tested for the case that you have access to Pro/Toolkit developement. What I know is that when a file is opened in the Creo Parametric session then it is no problem to export it to pvz with toolkit

- the last option and possibly the best when this work is to use pro_batch - <Creo10 Parametric>/Parametric/bin/ptcdbatch.bat you can use here the 

<Creo 10.>\Common Files\text\ttds\productview_export.ttd

2024-03-28_10-12-35.jpg

So this file couold convert a long list of file in batch mode with Creo Parametric

In the standard Creo 10.>\Common Files\text\ttds\productview_export.ttd you need to save with with new name and add e.g.

<FILTER_FILE_TYPES type=".prt .asm .sldprt .sldasm .catpart .catproduct .cgr .prt(UG) *.pkg"/>

the *.pkg  it will not display pgk but will allow to show all file so you can add pkg objects to the list. Because I do have pkg file I did not test it , but I believe this should work

Top Tags