cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Can't delete project in vuforia View

LX_10186967
6-Contributor

Can't delete project in vuforia View

Hi All,

I published a project to Experience Service failed,but it show in Experience Service file.

Then I deleted my local project and remote Experience Service  project in (*/studio-es-store/projects).

It still stay in vuforia view library list. I have restarted ES and it doesn't work.

May I know how to delete it in view list?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As far as I understood this problem, you need a simple way to unpublish an experience you already deleted from your local studio projects. Just create a new experience with the same name, Test in your case. Just an experience with no content. Then publish this experience. This should be seen in Vuforia View, like an update.

Now unpublish the experience and when it’s not listed in Vuforia View, then delete the project in studio.

Hope that helps

(Presales) Senior Technical Consultant @ INNEO Solutions GmbH (Germany)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi @LX_10186967 ,

there is TS article "Is there any way to disable Vuforia View Library or to control the access for none ThingMark association Experiences from Library" :  which says:

//-------

• The only way to control access of the projects in Vuforia View Library is not set the Experience Service server URL
  • The projects associated with ThingMarks are able to load on scanning a ThingMark or QR code without setting Experience Service server URL

//-------

So means you need to check the Vuforia View setting where the URL points. Possibly it points to another server which contains the same experience

When this  does not help - possibly this was downloaded for offline use in the download tab. Then remove the experience from there. For HoloLens2 device refer to the commands for the HoloLens:

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

I had deleted it in local by mistake. So I can't do such setting again. But now this project still show in library list.

Hi @LX_10186967 ,

when you write delete - does mean that you reset also the URL of the View setting of your mobile device. This was what I mentioned in my previous post. Unfortunately for me is not clear the statement "delete local" - where did you delete and which settings you meant where - ES , View Studio...?

What kind of device it is (IOS, Android  or HoloLens 2 ? Could you explain more detailed the action you did? Thank you!

Also, please, check if the experience is downloaded in the download tab e.g. if mobile. On HL2 commands for the HoloLens.

BR

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

sorry for the delayed response.I created a project "test" in local Vuforia Studio, when I uploaded "test" to the ES, it failed due to possible network issues. So I  deleted the project "test" in my Vuforia Studio.

However, when I refreshed the remote server library on my mobile device(ios),  the project "test" still appeared in the Vuforia view.

Even though I deleted the files on ES and restarted the ES, it still didn't work.

Is there any way to make the project "test" in the list disappear?

Hi @LX_10186967 ,

What I meant and what I could not see in your answer -> Did you remove the URL of the Experience Service on mobile device?

2023-11-30_11-43-43.jpg

and also here if it appear in the download list

2023-11-30_11-45-57.jpg

if it exist in the list then delete there the undesired experience from the download list

Hi @RolandRaytchev ,

Yes, I tied to remove the url in setting. it doesn't work.

I didn't download it and i want to delete  project is in library.

微信图片编辑_20231204095813.jpg

As far as I understood this problem, you need a simple way to unpublish an experience you already deleted from your local studio projects. Just create a new experience with the same name, Test in your case. Just an experience with no content. Then publish this experience. This should be seen in Vuforia View, like an update.

Now unpublish the experience and when it’s not listed in Vuforia View, then delete the project in studio.

Hope that helps

(Presales) Senior Technical Consultant @ INNEO Solutions GmbH (Germany)

Thanks for your help🎄

Top Tags