cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

post select validation is not getting called on click of custom action menu

DeepakParihar
4-Participant

post select validation is not getting called on click of custom action menu

I have created a customized menu using custom action. onclick of this action i want to perform some UI validation so for that i have created a validation service and implementing post select validation in java class. i have made an entry to register action into service.properties and service.properties.xconf as below 

in service.propties i have added

wt.services/svc/default/com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIComponentValidator/twx_custom_mashup/null/0=ext.example.rest.validator.MyValidator/duplicate

service.properties.xconf change: 

<Service context="default" name="com.ptc.core.ui.validation.UIComponentValidator">
<Option serviceClass="ext.example.rest.validator.MyValidator"
selector="twx_custom_mashup"
requestor="null"
cardinality="duplicate" />
</Service>

suggest me if i am doing anything wrong. if its ok its not making a call to validation service. appreciate any help on it in advance.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Now i am able to call post select validation after specifying the class name in action definition. see below

<action name="twx_custom_mashup" preloadWizardPage="false">
<command class="ext.example.rest.validator.MyValidator" method="function" windowType="new" url="netmarkets/jsp/example/xyzCreateDescribeLink.jsp" onClick=" 
PTC.validation.AJAXPostSelectValidation(event, 'twx_custom_mashup')"/>
<supportedTypes value="wt.doc.WTDocument"/>
    <tooltip>
ThingWorx_Custom_Mashup
</tooltip>
<label>
ThingWorx_Custom_Mashup
</label>
</action>

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello DeepakParihar,

Thank you for using PTC Community to ask your question!

Could you please post the entire customization. 

Looks like you have made a custom menu action but, have failed to post the action. So there’s no way to know what it’s actually doing and that is likely the cause of your problem.

Also let us know what happens when you click on the action.🤦‍ ♂️ . When you reply, please reply on your post with all these additional details so that other users get to know them.

This will surely help other community peers to dive-in and provide you some inputs.

Regards,
Community Moderation Team.

Now i am able to call post select validation after specifying the class name in action definition. see below

<action name="twx_custom_mashup" preloadWizardPage="false">
<command class="ext.example.rest.validator.MyValidator" method="function" windowType="new" url="netmarkets/jsp/example/xyzCreateDescribeLink.jsp" onClick=" 
PTC.validation.AJAXPostSelectValidation(event, 'twx_custom_mashup')"/>
<supportedTypes value="wt.doc.WTDocument"/>
    <tooltip>
ThingWorx_Custom_Mashup
</tooltip>
<label>
ThingWorx_Custom_Mashup
</label>
</action>

Top Tags