cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

There is already an object named 'WtUpgInst_Installation' in the database

MB_10389467
4-Participant

There is already an object named 'WtUpgInst_Installation' in the database

As per the original post

Hi Tom,

I am in the process of upgrading from 12.0 to 12.1. I've done everything to install the target windchill system, including deploying customizations, running the custom column length command, and running the addcolumns tool. Our source database runs under schema user "WFUSER" and our target database was installed (on a separate host) under "WVUSER." I tried following the steps for importing to a different target schema username, but we keep running into issues with data being skipped. Any chance you know what the proper steps are here? Do I need to drop the "WVUSER" schema on the target (even though that's where our target application is installed to) and recreate using the <WT_HOME>/db/sql/create_user.sql? Should I be importing the source to the target under username "WFUSER" and do I need to use the create_user.sql script prior to doing that? The upgrade guides are extremely confusing to me on this subject. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:MB_10389467)

Hi,

Not sure if you have managed to solve this. Call below explains (cryptically) what needs to be done. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS229941

Below are the steps I follow 

On the target Oracle log in as system/manager and drop the schema owner: (drop user schema_owner_username cascade;

sqlplus system/manager
SQL> drop user guest cascade;
User dropped.

To create a new schema user with same name as the source, in the target oracle log in as system/manager and run $WT_HOME/db/sql/create_user.sql (enter schema_owner_username for username exactly same as the source, enter default TEMP when prompted for temporary tablespaces and default USERS when prompted for users tablespace)

EG:

\Windchill\db\sql\create_user.sql
Enter value for user: guest
old 1: create user &&user identified by &&user
new 1: create user guest identified by guest
Enter value for temporary_tablespace: TEMP
old 2: temporary tablespace &&Temporary_Tablespace
new 2: temporary tablespace TEMP
Enter value for userdata_tablespace: USERS
old 3: default tablespace &&UserData_Tablespace
new 3: default tablespace USERS

then

sqlplus system/manager
WTReversePK.sql
WTPrefixPK.sql
WipPk.sql

Hope that helps. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @MB_10389467 

I guess that you use an oracle database, don't you?

I would keep same schema between source and target system. 

You restore the database from the source database so you should keep same schema name. 

the create_user.sql script is used for db tables creation, but if you restore the database from source system why would you create the tables again? 

If I am not right someone can correct me. 

I have more experience with MSSQL. 

For MSSQL it is not important because you restore the database from backup with source db name.

Target installed database name is not used. 

PetrH. 

BryanK
14-Alexandrite
(To:MB_10389467)

Hi,

Not sure if you have managed to solve this. Call below explains (cryptically) what needs to be done. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS229941

Below are the steps I follow 

On the target Oracle log in as system/manager and drop the schema owner: (drop user schema_owner_username cascade;

sqlplus system/manager
SQL> drop user guest cascade;
User dropped.

To create a new schema user with same name as the source, in the target oracle log in as system/manager and run $WT_HOME/db/sql/create_user.sql (enter schema_owner_username for username exactly same as the source, enter default TEMP when prompted for temporary tablespaces and default USERS when prompted for users tablespace)

EG:

\Windchill\db\sql\create_user.sql
Enter value for user: guest
old 1: create user &&user identified by &&user
new 1: create user guest identified by guest
Enter value for temporary_tablespace: TEMP
old 2: temporary tablespace &&Temporary_Tablespace
new 2: temporary tablespace TEMP
Enter value for userdata_tablespace: USERS
old 3: default tablespace &&UserData_Tablespace
new 3: default tablespace USERS

then